Investor Visas For Australia
Australian Business Investor Visas
Am I Eligible?
Significant Investor Visas (SIV)
The Significant Investor Visa (SIV) was introduced in 2012 by the Australian Government to enable foreign citizens with at least AU$5 million to obtain permanent residency in Australia by investing in complying Australian investments.
The SIV is a component of the Business Innovation and Investment Program (BIIP) run by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).
In 2015 the investment framework for SIV was amended by the Australian Government to direct investments into sectors which can contribute to the economic development of Australia.
What are the visa requirements?
SIV requires the applicant to invest at least AU$5million for a minimum period of four years in the following investments:
Subject to satisfying government requirements, the visa provides work, travel and study rights to the applicant as well as their immediate family and dependent relatives.
You are required to invest at least $5 million over four years in complying investments, which must include:
- At least $500,000 in eligible Australian venture capital or growth private equity (VCPE) fund(s) investing in start-up and small private companies. The government expects to increase this to $1 million for new applications within two years as the market responds.
- At least $1.5 million in an eligible managed fund(s) or listed investment companies (LICs) that invest in emerging companies; and,
- A ‘balancing investment’ of up to $3 million in managed fund(s) or LICs that invest in a combination of eligible assets that include Australian listed securities, eligible corporate bonds or notes, annuities and real property (subject to the 10 percent limit on residential real estate).
For more information visit our Significant Investor Visa page.
Premium Investor Visa (PIV)
The Premium Investor Visa (PIV) is aimed at attracting a small number of highly talented and entrepreneurial individuals to Australia who can contribute those skills and talents into areas which deliver long-term economic benefit to the country. PIV applicants are required to invest at least $15 million over 12 months in complying investments, which include:
- Australian securities exchange listed assets
- Australian government or semi-government bonds or notes
- Corporate bonds or notes issued by an Australian exchange listed entity (or wholly owned subsidiary of the Australian listed entity) or investment grade rated Australian corporate bonds or notes rated by an AFS licenced debt rating agency
- Australian proprietary limited companies
- Real property in Australia excluding residential property
- Deferred annuities issued by Australian registered life companies
- State and territory government approved philanthropic donation.
The Australian Premium Investor Visa is only available at the invitation of the Australian Government, with potential applicants to be nominated by Austrade. Unsolicited expressions of interest for the PIV will not be considered.
Retirement Investor Visas
This is an alternative visa for those who wish to retire in Australia and for further information see our Australian Retirement Visa page.
The investment must be distributed across various streams within the Australian economy including $500,00 in Venture capital funds for startup companies and $1,500,000 in the ASX for emerging Australian companies leaving an element of risk in the investment portfolio. We work with several leading Australian fund managers and banks to ensure our clients are provided with impartial advice and support to build their investment portfolio and ongoing assistance remain in control of their investments while remaining compliant with the immigration authorities investment criteria.
We Love Emigration Law As It Allows People To Live The Life They Always Wanted Without Limitations
Make Your Dreams Come True
- Approved lawyers and MARA Agents
- 99% Success Rate
- No Visa – No Fee
- Insider knowledge of the Immigration Dept.
Dedicated to providing the highest standards of service and great results all at the most competitive prices.