Aquacultural Engineer Emigrate To Australia
Related Occupations Include:
Hatchery Manager (Fish)
If you would like to work in Australia, and have not yet secured your visa, complete our free assessment today and discover the best working visa for you and secure your next job in Australia.
Here are is the skills you will be required to emigrate as an Aquacultural engineer.
- planning and coordinating the operation of hatcheries to produce fish fry, seed oysters, crayfish, marron and prawns taking into account environmental and market factors
- monitoring the environment to maintain optimal growing conditions
- identifying and controlling environmental toxins and diseases
- monitoring stock growth rates to determine when to harvest
- transporting fish, crayfish, marron, prawns and sticks of seed oysters to new tanks, ponds, cages and floating net pens
- directing and overseeing the harvesting, grading and packaging of fish, oysters and other aquatic stock
- organising the sale, purchase and transportation of fish stock
- maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to breed and raise fish and other aquatic stock.