Emigrate To Australia As A Mechanic
The following skills are currently in high demand across Australia
Diesel Motor Mechanic
Small Engine Mechanic
Automotive Heavy Mechanic
Outboard Motor Mechanic
Automatic Transmission Mechanic
Automotive Airconditioning Mechanic
Ground Support Equipment Fitter (Air Force)
Vehicle Mechanic (Army)
SECURING YOUR VISA
We always aim to secure a permanent residency visa for Australia as our first choice for our clients. This removes any risks associated with attaching a visa to a specific employer. Our approach is designed to provide you as our client with long-term security in Australia.
Complete our Free assessment and our experts will let you know if you are eligible to emigrate.
Government Report On Job Prospects
Government data on Job Outlook are updated on a yearly basis and are compiled from national statistics which may not reflect either regional variations or more recent changes in employment conditions. Recent reports show strong growth in this profession along with high average salaries. It is important to note the average salaries could be easily doubled for people with three or more years experience and qualified with a positive skills assessment.
- Over the five years to November 2019, the number of job openings for Motor Mechanics is expected to be above average (between 25,001 and 50,000). Job openings count both employment growth and turnover (defined as workers leaving their occupation for other employment or leaving the workforce).
- Employment for this occupation rose strongly (in percentage terms) in the past five years, rose slightly in the long-term (ten years). Looking forward, employment for Motor Mechanics to November 2020 is expected to remain relatively steady.
- This is a very large occupation (100,700 in November 2015) suggesting that opportunities should be available in most regions.
- Motor Mechanics have a very high proportion of full-time jobs (94 per cent). For Motor Mechanics working full-time, average weekly hours are 41.0 (compared to 40.2 for all occupations) and earnings are below average - in the third decile. Unemployment for Motor Mechanics is average.
- The most common level of educational attainment for Motor Mechanics is Certificate III/IV (70.7 per cent).
- Motor Mechanics are mainly employed in: Other Services; Retail Trade; and Transport, Postal and Warehousing.
This table shows how this occupation compares with other occupations on 9 key measures: employment size; full-time share of employment; earnings; unemployment; employment growth over the past 2, 5 and 10 years; future growth (projected growth rate over 5 years); and future job openings (estimated number of vacancies due to employment growth and turnover). The Future Growth indicator is based on growth in percentage terms, while the Future Job Openings indicator is based on an estimated number of vacancies. A small occupation with a strong Future Growth score may have a weak Job Openings score, while a large occupation with a weak Future Growth score may have a strong Job Openings score, as even a small percentage change can result in a relatively large number of new jobs.
|How many workers are employed in this occupation?||100,700||10|
|How many work full-time (% share)?||94.0||9|
|What are the weekly earnings for full-time workers ($ before tax)?||1000||3|
|How does unemployment compare with other occupations?||average||5|
|What has been the long-term employment growth - 10 years (%)?||9.2||5|
|What has been the medium-term employment growth - 5 years (%)?||9.5||7|
|What has been the short-term employment growth - 2 years (%)?||8.2||7|
|What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?||relatively steady||3|
|What will be the level of future job openings?||above average||8|
- detecting and diagnosing mechanical and electrical faults in engines and parts
- dismantling and removing engine assemblies, transmissions, steering mechanisms and other components, and checking parts
- repairing and replacing worn and defective parts and reassembling mechanical components, and referring to service manuals as needed
- performing scheduled maintenance services, such as oil changes, lubrications and engine tune-ups, to achieve smoother running of vehicles and ensure compliance with pollution regulations
- reassembling engines and parts after being repaired
- testing and adjusting mechanical parts after being repaired for proper performance
- diagnosing and testing parts with the assistance of computers
- may inspect vehicles and issue roadworthiness certificates or detail work required to achieve roadworthiness
- may respond to vehicle breakdown service calls
Alternative Title: Automotive Light Mechanic
Maintains, tests and repairs petrol engines and the mechanical parts of lightweight motor vehicles such as transmissions, suspension, steering and brakes. Registration or licensing may be required.
DIESEL MOTOR MECHANIC
Maintains, tests and repairs diesel motors and the mechanical parts of trucks, buses and other heavy vehicles such as transmissions, suspension, steering and brakes. Registration or licensing may be required.
Maintains, tests and repairs the mechanical parts of motorcycles. Registration or licensing may be required.
SMALL ENGINE MECHANIC
Australian Visas Available:
What are the Skilled Worker Visa basic requirements?
- Be under 50 years of age
- Demonstrate competence in the English language
- Possess skills and qualifications that address the needs of the Australian labour market
- Meet the skills assessment test
What is the difference between the two Skilled Worker Visas?
What do Skilled Work Visas allow me to do?
- Reside permanently in Australia and engage work opportunities
- Receive healthcare
- Study at a school, vocational education programs, or university
- Become eligible for Australian Citizenship in time
We can assist at every stage of your journey:
We assist you with the Australian visa and immigration application;
Our team has access to extensive resources to help you find your ideal job in Australia;
We Love Emigration Law As It Allows People To Live The Life They Always Wanted Without Limitations
Make Your Dreams Come True
- Approved lawyers and MARA Agents
- 99% Success Rate
- 94% of our clients would refer a friend or relative
- Expert knowledge of the Immigration Dept.
Dedicated to providing the highest standards of service and great results all at the most competitive prices.