Emigrate To Australia As A Welder
These Occupations Are Currently In High Demand Across Australia:
- Brass Finisher
- Metal Fabricator-Welder
- Metal Template Maker
- Structural Steel Trades Worker
- Metal Fabricator
- Pressure Welder
- Welder (First Class)
SECURING YOUR VISA
We always aim to secure a permanent residency visa for Australia as our first choice for our clients. This removes any risks associated with attaching a visa to a specific employer. Our approach is designed to provide you as our client with long-term security in Australia.
Complete our Free assessment and our experts will let you know if you are eligible to emigrate.
Government Report On Job Prospects
Government data on Job Outlook are updated on a yearly basis and are compiled from national statistics which may not reflect either regional variations or more recent changes in employment conditions. Recent reports show strong growth in this profession along with high average salaries. It is important to note the average salaries could be easily doubled for people with three or more years experience and qualified with a positive skills assessment.
- Over the five years to November 2019, the number of job openings for Steel and Welding Trades Workers is expected to be above average (between 25,001 and 50,000). Job openings count both employment growth and turnover (defined as workers leaving their occupation for other employment or leaving the workforce).
- Employment for this occupation fell slightly in the past five years, remained relatively steady in the long-term (ten years). Looking forward, employment for Steel and Welding Trades Workers to November 2020 is expected to decline.
- This is a very large occupation (70,600 in November 2015) suggesting that opportunities should be available in most regions.
- Steel and Welding Trades Workers have a very high proportion of full-time jobs (95.6 per cent). For Structural Steel and Welding Trades Workers working full-time, average weekly hours are 41.5 (compared to 40.2 for all occupations) and earnings are average - in the sixth decile. Unemployment for Steel and Welding Trades Workers is below average.
- The most common level of educational attainment for Steel and Welding Trades Workers is Certificate III/IV (66.8 per cent).
- Steel and Welding Trades Workers are mainly employed in: Manufacturing; Construction; and Professional, Scientific and Technical Services.
This table shows how this occupation compares with other occupations on 9 key measures: employment size; full-time share of employment; earnings; unemployment; employment growth over the past 2, 5 and 10 years; future growth (projected growth rate over 5 years); and future job openings (estimated number of vacancies due to employment growth and turnover). The Future Growth indicator is based on growth in percentage terms, while the Future Job Openings indicator is based on an estimated number of vacancies.
A small occupation with a strong Future Growth score may have a weak Job Openings score, while a large occupation with a weak Future Growth score may have a strong Job Openings score, as even a small percentage change can result in a relatively large number of new jobs.
|How many workers are employed in this occupation?||70,600||9|
|How many work full-time (% share)?||95.6||10|
|What are the weekly earnings for full-time workers ($ before tax)?||1200||6|
|How does unemployment compare with other occupations?||below average||2|
|What has been the long-term employment growth - 10 years (%)?||2.6||4|
|What has been the medium-term employment growth - 5 years (%)?||-9.5||3|
|What has been the short-term employment growth - 2 years (%)?||-11.2||3|
|What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?||decline||2|
|What will be the level of future job openings?||above average||8|
Tasks a welder must be able to complete:
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine job requirements
- selecting, cleaning and preparing metal stock
- cutting marked-out metal sections and shapes using hand tools, flame cutting torches and metal cutting machines
- shaping and bending metal sections and pipes using hand and machine tools, and by heating and hammering
- aligning parts to be joined using hand tools and measuring instruments
- joining metal sections using various welding techniques, bolting and riveting
- examining welds for width of bead, penetration and precision
- finishing products by cleaning, polishing, filing and bathing in acidic solutions
- cleaning and smoothing welds by filing, chiselling and grinding
322311 METAL FABRICATOR
Marks off and fabricates structural steel and other metal stock to make or repair metal products and structures such as boilers and pressure vessels.
Metal Template Maker
Structural Steel Trades Worker
Assembles, welds and repairs pressure vessels and pipes to relevant standards.
WELDER (FIRST CLASS)
Fabricates and repairs metal products using various welding techniques.
Australian Visas Available:
What are the Skilled Worker Visa basic requirements?
- Be under 50 years of age
- Demonstrate competence in the English language
- Possess skills and qualifications that address the needs of the Australian labour market
- Meet the skills assessment test
What is the difference between the two Skilled Worker Visas?
What do Skilled Work Visas allow me to do?
- Reside permanently in Australia and engage work opportunities
- Receive healthcare
- Study at a school, vocational education programs, or university
- Become eligible for Australian Citizenship in time
We can assist at every stage of your journey:
We assist you with the Australian visa and immigration application;
Our team has access to extensive resources to help you find your ideal job in Australia;
We Love Emigration Law As It Allows People To Live The Life They Always Wanted Without Limitations
Make Your Dreams Come True
- Approved lawyers and MARA Agents
- 99% Success Rate
- 94% of our clients would refer a friend or relative
- Expert knowledge of the Immigration Dept.
Dedicated to providing the highest standards of service and great results all at the most competitive prices.