Biological Technologists & Technicians
Biological technologists and technicians provide technical support and services to scientists, engineers and other professionals working in fields such as agriculture, resource management, environmental protection, plant and animal biology, microbiology, cell and molecular biology and health sciences, or may work independently in these fields.
They are employed in both laboratory and field settings by governments, manufacturers of food products, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, biotechnology companies, health, research and educational institutions, environmental consulting companies, and resource and utilities companies.
Biological technician jobs available in Canada today
All the jobs listed are currently available and we refresh the list daily to ensure we provide only the latest employment opportunities. We are proud to provide thousands of job opportunities to our clients each year.
If you would like to live and work in Canada, and have not yet secured your visa, complete our free assessment today and discover the best working visa for you to secure your next job in Canada.
- Research Technician, Division of Pediatric Nephrol
Halifax, NS, Nova Scotia Health Authority
, along with a practical understanding of computational analysis and modelling of biological systems is desirable. The successful candidate...
- biological technician - medical laboratory
Posted on July 24, 2017 by Employer Details CENTRE INTÉGRÉ DE SANTÉ ET DE SERVICES SOCIAUX DE L'ABITIBI-TÉMISCAMINGUE Job details Location Amos, QC Salarymin. $20.02 max. $28.02 per hour for 0 Vacancies 1 Vacancy Terms of employment P...
- Teaching Assistant 1
Winnipeg, MB, University of Manitoba
C.U.P.E. LOCAL 3909 STUDENTS Faculty Faculty of Science Department Department of Biological Sciences Location...
- Nutrition Research Technician, Human Performance Lab, Faculty of Kinesiology
Canada, University of Calgary
Kinesiology, Medicine and Biological Sciences. The Nutrition Research Technician is expected to work independently with minimal...
biological laboratory technologist
fish hatchery technician
food bacteriological technician
microbiology quality control technologist
microbiology technologist (except medical)
plant breeding technician
wildlife biology technician
Biological technologists perform some or all of the following duties:
- Set up and conduct biological, microbiological and biochemical tests and laboratory analyses in support of research and quality control in food production, sanitation, pharmaceutical production, biotechnology and other fields
- Apply methods and techniques such as microscopy, histochemistry, chromatography, electrophoresis and spectroscopy
- Perform experimental procedures in agriculture, plant breeding, animal husbandry, biology and biomedical research
- Conduct field research and surveys to collect data and samples of water, soil, and plant and animal populations
- Conduct environmental monitoring and compliance activities for the protection of fisheries stock, wildlife and other natural resources
- Analyze data and prepare reports
- Conduct or supervise operational programs such as fish hatchery, greenhouse and livestock production programs.
Biological technicians perform some or all of the following duties:
- Assist in conducting biological, microbiological and biochemical tests and laboratory analyses
- Perform limited range of technical functions in support of agriculture, plant breeding, animal husbandry, biology, biomedical research and environmental protection
- Assist in conducting field research and surveys to collect data and samples of water, soil, and plant and animal populations
- Assist in analysis of data and preparation of reports.
- Completion of a two- to three-year college program in a field related to agriculture, biology, microbiology, wildlife or resource management is usually required for employment as a biological technologist.
- Completion of a one- to two-year college program in a related field is required for employment as a biological technician.
- Certification with provincial associations is available, but voluntary.
- There is limited mobility among occupations in this group.
- Some technologists and technicians working in support of government and academic research in biology are university graduates.
We Love Emigration Law As It Allows People To Live The Life They Always Wanted Without Limitations
Make Your Dreams Come True
- Approved lawyers and ICCRC Agents
- 99% Success Rate
- 94% of clients would refer a friend
- Expert knowledge of Immigration Control
Dedicated to providing the highest standards of service and great results all at the most competitive prices.