Biologists and related scientists
Biologists and related scientists conduct basic and applied research to extend knowledge of living organisms, to manage natural resources, and to develop new practices and products related to medicine and agriculture.
They are employed in both laboratory and field settings by governments, environmental consulting companies, resource and utilities companies, chemical, pharmaceutical and biotechnical companies and health and educational institutions.
Our selection of the top biological scientist jobs in Canada today
All the jobs listed are currently available and we refresh the list daily to ensure we provide only the latest employment opportunities. We are proud to provide thousands of job opportunities to our clients each year.
If you would like to live and work in Canada, and have not yet secured your visa, complete our free assessment today and discover the best working visa for you to secure your next job in Canada.
- Environmental Sciences Instructor
Vermilion, AB, LAKELAND COLLEGE
as a Professional Agrologist with the Alberta Institute of Agrologists or as a Professional Biologist with the Alberta Society...
- Intermediate Fisheries Biologist (Contract)
Burnaby, BC - Terrace, BC, Stantec
for a talented and ambitious Intermediate Fisheries Biologist on contract in our Burnaby, Sidney, or Terrace, BC offices. In... Biologist accreditation preferred Minimum of 5 years of experience as a fisheries biologist, with experience in freshwater...
- Intermediate Aquatic Biologist - Calgary, Alberta
CH2M is currently seeking Intermediate/Crew Lead Aquatic Biologist to be based out of the Calgary office, the position... will include a considerable amount of work in the field. The Intermediate Aquatic Biologist will be responsible for leading crews...
- Aquatic Biologist
Aquatic Biologist Location: CA-AB-Calgary Job ID: 2017-12973 Area of Interest: EN - Ecological Services...: J2WENVIRONMENT, J2WHYDROGEO Job Responsibilities: We have a requirement for an Intermediate Aquatic Biologist in our Prairies...
Biologists perform some or all of the following duties:
- Plan and conduct studies of the environment, and of the population, distribution, structure and functional characteristics and behaviour of plants and animals
- Conduct ecological and environmental impact studies and prepare reports
- Study, identify and classify plant and animal specimens
- Conduct experiments in plant or animal growth, heredity and breeding
- Prepare reports and plans for management of renewable resources
- May supervise biological technologists and technicians and other scientists.
- Conduct research into the structure, function, ecology, biotechnology and genetics of micro-organisms, including bacteria, fungi, protozoans, and algae
- Conduct research into the structure and functioning of human, animal and plant tissues and cells
- Conduct studies into the identification, effects and control of human, plant and animal pathogens and toxins
- Conduct clinical or laboratory studies to test, evaluate and screen drugs, pharmaceuticals and nanoparticles used in biomedical applications
- Conduct molecular or biochemical studies and experiments in genetic expression, gene manipulation and recombinant DNA technology to develop new or alternative methods of producing products
- Conduct research in biotechnology to discover, develop and refine, and evaluate new products
- May participate in the commercialization of new products
- May supervise biological technologists and technicians and other scientists
- May conduct biostatistical data analysis using computer modelling techniques.
- Microbiologists and cell and molecular biologists perform some or all of the following duties:
Biologists and related scientists may specialize at the macroscopic level, in fields such as botany, zoology, ecology and marine biology or, at the cellular and molecular level, in fields such as genetics, immunology, pharmacology, toxicology, physiology, pathology, bacteriology, virology, biotechnology and bioinformatics.
- A bachelor's degree in biology or in a related discipline is required for biologists.
- A master's or doctoral degree in biology or a related discipline is required for employment as a research scientist in biology.
- Post-doctoral research experience is usually required before employment in academic departments or research institutions.
We Love Emigration Law As It Allows People To Live The Life They Always Wanted Without Limitations
Make Your Dreams Come True
- Approved lawyers and ICCRC Agents
- 99% Success Rate
- 94% of clients would refer a friend
- Expert knowledge of Immigration Control
Dedicated to providing the highest standards of service and great results all at the most competitive prices.