Cabinetmakers use a variety of woods and laminates to construct and repair wooden cabinets, furniture, fixtures and related products.
They are employed by furniture manufacturing or repair companies, construction companies and cabinetmaking contractors, or they may be self-employed.
Opportunities for Cabinetmakers & Joiners
All the jobs listed are currently available and we refresh the list daily to ensure we provide only the latest employment opportunities. We are proud to provide thousands of job opportunities to our clients each year.
If you would like to live and work in Canada, and have not yet secured your visa, complete our free assessment today and discover the best working visa for you to secure your next job in Canada.
North York, ON
Job requirements Languages English Education Secondary (high) school graduation certificate Experience 2 years to less than 3 years Additional Skills Supervise other workers; Instruct apprentices; Estimate costs and material...
Job requirements Languages English Education Secondary (high) school graduation certificate Experience 5 years or more Weight Handling Up to 23 kg (50 lbs) Specific Skills Study plans, specifications or drawings of artic...
Job requirements Languages English Education Secondary (high) school graduation certificate Experience 2 years to less than 3 years Additional Skills Operate CADD and other computer software systems; Maintain clean and safe ...
Job requirements Languages English Education Secondary (high) school graduation certificate Experience 7 months to less than 1 year Weight Handling Up to 23 kg (50 lbs) Specific Skills Apply varnish, veneer, stain or pol...
Cabinetmakers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Study plans, specifications or drawings of articles to be made, or prepare specifications
- Mark outlines or dimensions of parts on wood
- Operate woodworking machines, such as power saws, jointers, mortisers and shapers, and use hand tools to cut, shape and form parts and components
- Trim joints and fit parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit using glue and clamps and reinforce joints using nails, screws or other fasteners
- Sand wooden surfaces and apply veneer, stain or polish to finished products
- Repair or restyle wooden furniture, fixtures and related products
- May estimate amount, type and cost of materials required.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a four-year apprenticeship program
A combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some high school or college courses in cabinetmaking is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certification is available, but voluntary, in all provinces and territories.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified cabinetmakers upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
We Love Emigration Law As It Allows People To Live The Life They Always Wanted Without Limitations
Make Your Dreams Come True
- Approved lawyers and ICCRC Agents
- 99% Success Rate
- 94% of clients would refer a friend
- Expert knowledge of Immigration Control
Dedicated to providing the highest standards of service and great results all at the most competitive prices.