Top architectural jobs in Canada today
All the jobs listed are currently available and we refresh the list daily to ensure we provide only the latest employment opportunities. We are proud to provide thousands of job opportunities to our clients each year.
If you would like to live and work in Canada, and have not yet secured your visa, complete our free assessment today and discover the best working visa for you to secure your next job in Canada.
- BUILDING INSPECTOR
Brampton, ON, CITY OF BRAMPTON
plus an additional program of over two and up to three years in Civil Engineering Technology, Architectural Technology or equivalent...
- Director, IT Enterprise Architecture
one or more architectural models for each aspect of the job and cooperate with our C-level executives to establish baselines and benchmarks in...
- Intern -Technical Officer Architect
Yellowknife, NT, Government of the Northwest Territories
This level of knowledge is normally acquired through a degree in Architecture or a diploma in Architectural Technology....
- Intern - Junior Architectural Technician
Yellowknife, NT, Government of the Northwest Territories
The Junior Architectural Officer will also need to be familiar with applicable building codes and other architectural guidance documents....
Architects conceptualize, plan and develop designs for the construction and renovation of commercial, institutional and residential buildings. They are employed by architectural firms, private corporations and governments, or they may be self-employed. Architects may specialize in a particular type of construction such as residential, commercial, industrial or institutional.
2251 Architectural technologists and technicians
Architectural technologists and technicians may work independently or provide technical assistance to professional architects and civil design engineers in conducting research, preparing drawings, architectural models, specifications and contracts and in supervising construction projects. Architectural technologists and technicians are employed by architectural and construction firms, and governments.
0212 Architecture & science managers
Architecture and science managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of an architecture, landscape architecture, scientific or statistical department, service or firm. They are employed by a wide range of private sector and government establishments as well as by architectural firms and scientific research companies.
Architects perform some or all of the following duties:
- Consult with clients to determine the type, style and purpose of renovations or new building construction being considered
- Conceptualize and design buildings and develop plans describing design specifications, building materials, costs and construction schedules
- Prepare sketches and models for clients
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of drawings, specifications and other construction documents for use by contractors and tradespersons
- Prepare bidding documents, participate in contract negotiations and award construction contracts
- Monitor activities on construction sites to ensure compliance with specifications
- Conduct feasibility studies and financial analyses of building projects.
A bachelor's degree from an accredited school of architecture - or - completion of the syllabus of studies from the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC) is required.
A master's degree in architecture may be required.
Completion of a three-year internship under the supervision of a registered architect is required.
Completion of the architect registration examination is required.
Registration with the provincial association of architects in the province of work is required.
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification is offered by the Canada Green Building Council and may be required by some employers.
Architectural technologists and technicians perform some or all of the following duties:
- Assist in the development of architectural designs
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space requirements, site requirements and other technical documents and reports
- Prepare manual and CAD (computer-assisted design) drawings, specifications, cost estimates and listings of quantities of material from conceptual drawings and instructions
- Construct architectural and display models, and 3-D virtual models of architectural designs
- Prepare contract and bidding documents
- May supervise drafters, technicians and technologists on the architectural team
- May supervise construction projects and co-ordinate, monitor and inspect work done by others.
Completion of a two- to three-year college program in architectural technology or a related subject is usually required.
Certification in architectural technology or in a related field through provincial associations of architectural or engineering/applied science technologists and technicians may be required by employers.
A period of supervised work experience, usually two years, is required before certification.
Architecture and science managers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations of an architecture, landscape architecture, scientific research and development laboratory or quality control department, service or firm
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the architectural, scientific and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm
- Assign, co-ordinate and review the technical work of the department or project teams
- Recruit personnel and oversee development and maintenance of staff competence in required areas
- May participate directly in the design, development and inspection of technical projects or in the theoretical or applied scientific work of the department
- May consult and negotiate with clients to prepare specifications, explain proposals or present architectural or scientific research reports and findings.
Architecture managers require a degree in architecture, registration as a professional architect and several years of experience as an architect.
Landscape architecture managers require a degree in landscape architecture, licensing as a professional landscape architect and several years of experience as a landscape architect.
Science and other managers in this unit group require a master's or doctoral degree in a scientific discipline and several years of experience in a related scientific discipline.
We Love Emigration Law As It Allows People To Live The Life They Always Wanted Without Limitations
Make Your Dreams Come True
- Approved lawyers and ICCRC Agents
- 99% Success Rate
- No Visa – No Fee
- Insider knowledge of the Immigration Dept.
Dedicated to providing the highest standards of service and great results all at the most competitive prices.