Nova Scotia: Skilled Workers
- A full-time, permanent job offer from a Nova Scotia employer;
- At least one year of related work experience. But note: employers seeking to retain semi-skilled and low-skilled workers must show those candidates have been employed for six months prior to applying.
- Educational qualifications of not less than a Canadian high school diploma equivalent;
- Appropriate training, skills and/or accreditation for the job;
- Language abilities equal to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 5 if you are a skilled worker.
- If your first language is English or French, you may not need to sit an exam, while by contrast semi-skilled and low-skilled workers must have test results to prove they meet CLB 4 even if their first language is English or French;
- Prove you have sufficient financial resources to settle in Nova Scotia successfully.
Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry - CLOSED
- At least one year of relevant skilled work experience in a listed ("target") occupation;
- Attained educational qualifications no less than Canadian high school equivalency;
- Language abilities in English or French at Canadian Language Benchmark 7 or above;
- Score 67 points or more against the program's selection factors;
- Sufficient financial resources to settle in Nova Scotia successfully;
- Have registered with Canada’s Express Entry system
Nova Scotia Entrepreneur Visa
To consider filing an Expression of Interest, you must be able to show you are 21 or older, and:
- Want to live in Nova Scotia permanently while owning and managing your Nova Scotia business;
- Have a net worth of at least CAN $600k, with available resources to invest at least CAN $150k to establish your business;
- Have no less than three years’ experience owning and managing a business, or no less than five years’ experience in a senior business management role;
- Have scored at least 5 on the Canadian Language Benchmark in each of speaking, listening, reading and writing sections, in English or French.
Finding The Right Visa For You
Nova Scotia - Provincial Visas
Name: Atlantic Coast Lays Out Welcome Mat
Description: The Atlantic Provinces are led by Nova Scotia, which continues to look for innovative ways to attract fresh migrants to the region. Nova Scotia province is a welcoming place for anyone seeking out solid communities and excellent value and opportunity.