Fitter & Welders Wanted in Australia
Discover How You Can Emigrate to Australia
As leading experts over the past 25 years within the fields of Immigration law, we have a unique understanding of how best to secure permanent residency visas for Australia. Our team are expert in all areas of Australian immigration.
What Australia offers
A world-class standard of living, ample employment opportunities and an amazing climate has led to Australia becoming the worlds most popular choice for skilled migrants.
To discover more, complete our initial assessment form and one of our team will contact you shortly for a free consultation to discuss all your options.
Fitter Welders Criteria
Fit and assemble fabricated metal parts into products, set up machining tools, production machines and textile machines, and operate machining tools and machines to shape metal stock and castings. Skill Level Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- In Australia:
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
- In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Studying drawings and specifications to determine suitable material, method and sequence of operations, and machine settings
- Fitting fabricated metal parts into products and assembling metal parts and subassemblies to produce machines and equipment
- Checking fabricated and assembled metal parts for accuracy, clearance and fit using precision measuring instruments
- Setting guides, stops and other controls on machining tools, setting up prescribed cutting and shaping tools and dies in machines and presses, and setting controls for textile machines
- Forming metal stock and castings to fine tolerances using machining tools to press, cut, grind, plane, bore and drill metal
- Cutting, threading, bending and installing hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines
- Preparing pattern mechanisms to control the operation of textile machines used to spin, weave, knit, sew and tuft fabric
- Diagnosing faults and performing operational maintenance of machines, and overhauling and repairing mechanical parts and fluid power equipment
- May erect machines and equipment on-site
- 323211: Fitter (General)
- 323212: Fitter and Turner
- 323214: Metal Machinist (First Class)
- 323215: Textile, Clothing and Footwear Mechanic
- 323299: Metal Fitters and Machinists
Welders & Fitters Jobs in Australia
Name: Emigrate to Australia
Description: The perfect climate, high standards of living, excellent education and health care, ample employment opportunities. Australia really does offer everything and that is why thousands of Fitters and Welders have already emigrate in recent years. Apply today to secure your place in Australia before it is too late.