Bricklayers & Stone Masons Wanted in Australia
Discover How You Can Emigrate to Australia
As leading experts over the past 25 years within the fields of Immigration law, we have a unique understanding of how best to secure permanent residency visas for Australia. Our team are expert in all areas of Australian immigration.
What Australia offers
A world-class standard of living, ample employment opportunities and an amazing climate has led to Australia becoming the worlds most popular choice for skilled migrants.
To discover more, complete our initial assessment form and one of our team will contact you shortly for a free consultation to discuss all your options.
Bricklayers and Stonemasons
- Lay bricks, pre-cut stones and other types of building blocks in mortar to construct and repair walls, partitions, arches and other structures, and cut and shape hard and soft stone blocks and masonry slabs for the construction and renovation of stone structures and monumental masonry.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- In Australia:
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Studying plans and specifications to determine materials required, dimensions and installation procedures
- Erecting and dismantling restricted height scaffolding
- Sealing foundations with damp-resistant materials and spreading layers of mortar to serve as base and binder for blocks using trowels
- Laying bricks in rows, designs and shapes, and spreading mortar between joints
- Embedding blocks in a mortar and removing excess mortar
- Checking vertical and horizontal alignment
- Cutting, shaping and polishing stones and bricks using machines and hand tools, and shaping bricks to fit irregular spaces
- Repairing and maintaining bricks, cement blocks and related structures
- Designing and cutting monumental masonry and lettering
- Constructing walls using stone slabs and large masonry slab blocks
Bricklaying Jobs in Australia
Name: Emigrate to Australia as a Bricklayer
Description: Australia provides the perfect climate to lay bricks. No missed days due to the weather improves earning potential with ample employment opportunities. Australia provides an excellent standard of living, health care and educational system. Over recent years it has attracted thousands of Bricklayers, but there are still places left if you want to emigrate to Australia. Apply now to avoid missing out on your chance to live in Australia.