A Great Way To Emigrate
The 190 visa is the premier visa an Australia state has to offer. It requires a person to live and work freely within the sponsoring state for 2-years. After this time a person is free to live anywhere in Australia. This is an excellent visa for people who want to boost their points to provide the best possible chance of success.
Each state has a limited number of 190 visas allocated each year by the federal government. Each case is dealt with on its own unique, individual merits, how your case is present to the state government remains paramount to your success.
The Skilled Migration Programme
For 2019-20 has set at a maximum of 160,000 visas, with over two-thirds of the programme allocated to skilled visas, particularly categories that allow states/territories and employers to nominate skilled migrants.
Skilled Migration Points Test
To be amended from November 2019 and include additional points for:
- Specialist Educational Qualifications.
- Applicants with an eligible skilled spouse/partner.
- Single applicants.
- Applicants with a spouse/partner who is an Australia citizen or eligible NZ citizen.
- Applicants with a spouse/partner who has competent English.
- Applicants nominated by a state/territory government or eligible family member.
New Skilled Visas:
two new skilled regional (provisional) visas are to be introduced in November 2019:
- Skilled Work Regional Visa for applicants nominated by a state or territory or sponsored by an eligible family member to live and work in regional Australia and will have over 500 eligible occupations included.
- Skilled Employer Sponsored Visa for applicants sponsored by an employer to work in regional Australia and will have almost 700 eligible occupations included.
Holders of these new skilled regional visas will need to live and work in regional Australia and visas will be granted for up to five years.
- A new permanent Residence Visa (Skilled Regional) will be available in November 2022 to holders of the new regional (provisional) visas mentioned above.
State Governments are negotiating an increase in the number of nominations they can make in this program year starting on 1st July and it is likely that these provisional visas will be given priority processing.
Several states are investing heavily for the future, including Victoria which has announced A$107 billion worth of projects commencing or underway in 2019-20. These huge projects will require migrants from a range of industries to meet the increased demand for skilled and experienced trades and professionals.
Complete our free assessment
To discover which states are currently offering 190 visas for your profession. We will quickly assess your eligibility and find the best solution for you.
The Australian General Skilled Immigration System works on a point based system which takes into account several factors.
- English ability
- Experience in your profession
- Record of prior learning
- Previous study or employment in Australia
- Your spouse skills if applicable
- Occupational demands
Based on these criteria a person will earn points and will be required to achieve 65 points to be eligible to submit an expression of interest to emigrate. If you do not achieve 65 points you may like to apply for a State Sponsored visa.
Skilled Worker Statistics:
- 190 thousand places available this year across Australia for Skilled workers
- 68% of migrants arrive in Australia on this visa
- 42% of all visa applications are rejected
- 32% of migrant workers arrive on a Family class visa
Living in other states on a subclass 190 visa
What is state-sponsorship?
This is one of the biggest issues in skilled migration because many people misunderstand the reality of the regulations and visa conditions. The fact is this: The subclass 190 state-sponsored visa is a ‘full Permanent Resident’ visa. This means that you are given the status of ‘Australian Permanent Residence’ The visa does not have conditions applied to it that are at all relevant to being state-sponsored on 190 visa.
State Nomination for Skilled Migration
Name: 190 Visas - Skilled workers
Description: State sponsorship is perfect for people who could benefit from an additional 5 points to help them qualify to emigrate.
In exchange for nomination the state requests that the person lives within their region for 2 years post arrival.
Permanent residency is granted on arrival and the candidate is entitled to:
- Free Medicare
- Free Education
- Buying a home
- Much more
There are limited numbers of these visas issued each year and if you are eligible to apply we recommend you take the opportunity while it is available.
Tailored skilled migration solutions available to meet your personal requirements.