Australian Retirement By Investment
"Solutions Designed Just For You"
More than ten thousand people applied to retire in Australia during 2018 alone. The lifestyle, climate and people combine to make the perfect location for a relaxing, secure retirement destination. You can emigrate at a time that suits you.
Since Australia abolished the 405 retirement visa, a better alternative way to secure permanent residency has become available:
The abolished 405 retirement visa
Let's take a moment to reflect on the previous 405 visas and why it was universally unpopular.
The Visa only provided a 4-year visa that never led to permanent residency. While requiring a $500k to $750k investment with an additional $500k to $750k held in assets and a minimum annual income.
Our most popular retirement visa today:
Allows our clients to retire with easy and security by providing permanent residency on arrival.
Qualifying criteria in brief
- Acquire qualifying shareholdings for $ 595k
- Sell your share at the market rate after 4 years
- No - upper age limit
- No - Inheritance Tax
- No - restrictions on purchasing property
- No - requirement to work (unless you want to)
- No - previous business ownership required
- No - need to renew your visa every 4-years
- No - qualifying points test
Opportunities are limited and allocated on a first come first serve basis.
The benefits of investment visas for retirement
- AAA Rated Economy
- Retiree friendly society
- Almost exact legal, accounting and political system as the UK
- Tax effective investment laws
- Dual citizenship permitted
- Access to all social services as any permanent resident is entitled to receive
- Fast, easy process to secure your permanent residency
Australia has one of the best retirement options in the world and continues to attract those who can afford to invest and fund their lifestyle without becoming a burden on the public purse in record numbers.
The Australian Government require the shares to be held in a company that has raised investment capital of at least $1 million from a licenced Venture Capital fund regulated by the Australian Investment Council.
In this way, the Government are assured after scrutiny from a professional investor during the Due Diligence process it was deemed worthy of significant investment.
The $1m investment from a Venture Capital firm not only serves to satisfy the Australian Government the business has strong growth potential, providing local jobs and an economic benefit to a region. It also provides a high degree of comfort to potential shareholders regarding projected growth forecasts.
A shareholder is free to sell their shares after 4-years.
Acquiring qualifying shares
By understanding our client's needs we locate the perfect opportunity, based on their preferences.
Additional relocation services
Our clients benefit from bespoke relocations assistance. Our team will assist with:
- opening a bank account
- shipping your possessions
- pet relocation
- arrange medical cover
- Assistance to find your perfect home
- and much more...
Find out more
Complete our enquiry form to receive our guide and arrange a consultation with one of our senior migration consultants.
More information about retiring in Australia
If you are not ready to complete our free assessment, you can see some of the more common questions answered below. We hope you find what you are looking for on our site.
With our retirement visa - you can purchase your perfect home on arrival
As a permanent resident of Australia on arrival, you will be free to buy any property you wish free from the foreign investment prohibitions currently enforced by the FIRB.
purchasing a property can often act as a useful economical entry point for people who are looking to retire in Australia as opposed to being forced to rent due to foreign investment restrictions imposed on those who only hold temporary residence.
Healthcare is important
Life expectancy in Australia is higher than in many countries and the health and social care facilities on offer are of an excellent standard. However, retirees should always remember that while they will be entitled to any government or medical benefits during their retirement in Australia this can be limited.
Therefore, they may wish to secure their own fully-comprehensive insurance policy. We partner with leading Australian medical insurance providers to provide such medical cover as required.
Australia has one of the worlds most socially and politically relaxed climates
Australia is ranked second in the world for political stability in the IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook 2017.
Australia maintains a low crime rate and is one of the safest countries on earth. However, as with most destinations, retirees should take precautions as they would at home.
Homes and cars should be kept secured when unoccupied.
Australia has a highly developed and sophisticated infrastructure and the standard of communications, transportation and public services on offer are on par or better than those available in most other developed nations including the UK.
Australia maintains one of the highest standards of living in the world
Australia has some of the least expensive cities in the world in which to live. As with anywhere, there is a variation in the cost of living from city to city. The cities which frequently appear as offering a low cost of living compared to the quality of life are Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne. Australia has now won the most popular destination for retirees for the third year in a row.
Australia really does have it all, when it comes to cost of living versus lifestyle. A retiree can expect exceptional "bang for buck" and no inheritance tax only enhances those benefits.
Practical Considerations When Emigrating to Australia
Make sure you fully understand what your financial situation is before you begin your emigration case to retire in Australia. You need to address what to do with your pension, what your tax liability is and whether you are entitled to any benefits. Here’s how…
- Acquire an estimate of your state pension so that you can work out how much you will have to live on each month.
- Ask HM Revenue and Customs for information on your tax liability on any income over your UK personal allowance. Be mindful of the fact that UK tax payable from abroad can vary quite significantly from country to country.
- Seek independent tax advice about the benefits of offshore banking – it could make a big difference to your savings.
Other things to take care of…Your “to-do” list might seem uncontrollably long, but here are another couple of things that need to be dealt with that might have slipped your mind:
- If you decide to split your time between Australia and the UK, work out how best to secure it if it will be empty for a number of months at a time. Also, remember to inform your mortgage lenders and insurers that you are going to be elsewhere.
- Notify your utility companies of your imminent departure and provide them with a forwarding address so that they can send on any refunds that you could quite possibly be entitled to.
- Contact your local Council Taxation organisation, the Electoral Register, your banks and building societies and make sure all mail will be forwarded to your new address.
Finally, when moving to Australia use a currency exchange specialist rather than a bank to transfer your money could save you thousands. We work closely with our partners to ensure our clients receive the most favourable exchange rates available.
Our Retirement Services
Complete our enquiry form and we will be delighted to discuss your elegibility for retirement to Australia.
Our range of sevices enables us to provide a complete migration solution.
Our comprehensive Support Services includes:
- Preparing your required investment
- Securing your permanent residency
- Real Estate
- UK Tax Rebate
- Pet Relocation
- Investment Planning
- Moving Pensions Offshore
- Concierge service on your arrival in Australia
- Preparing International Wills for Inheritance Tax planning
Watch a video on Retirement in Australia
Bespoke relocations Services
Our client benefit from exceptional relocation support. From helping finding their perfect home to enrolling their children in the very best schools.
We have relocation experts in every major state and city on hand to meet our clients on arrival.
Our aim is to arrange everything our clients may require to relocate and settle into their perfect new home quickly.
Complete our assessment form to receive our relocation guide today.
Australian Retirement Guide
Name: Claim your guide today
Description: Our Australian Retirement brochure 2018 has helpful information to assist you to decide if retiring to Australia is right for you.
Complete our Australian Immigration assessment to secure your copy today.