It's time to relax
More than ten thousand people applied to retire in Australia during 2017 alone. The lifestyle, climate and people combine to make the perfect location for a relaxing, secure retirement destination.
The Benefits of a Retirement Visa
- No Death, Inheritance Taxes, no taxation on offshore income
- AAA Rated Economy
- Retiree friendly society
- Permanent Residency granted on arrival
- No restriction on the purchasing of property
- A minimum investment of $1.25m required for only 4 years
- All investments are guaranteed to be returned
- Almost exact legal, accounting, political system as the UK
- Tax effective investment laws
- Dual citizenship permitted
- No minimum or maximum age limit
- Access to all social services as any permanent resident is entitled to receive
- Fast, easy process to secure your permanent residency
Australia has one of the best retirement options in the world and continues to attract those who can afford to make an investment and fund their lifestyle without becoming a burden on the public purse in record numbers.
Investment criteria to retire in Australia
Since the 405 retirement visa was abolished in 2018 the most popular retirement option available for permanent residency requires:
- $1.25m Investment for 4 years into an approved fund
- Support from a licensed venture capital firm in Australia
- A co-investment of $1m from an Australian Venture Capital firm into your fund
We secure the support of an accredited venture capital firm in Australia and provide secure, immigration compliant investment opportunities tailored to meet your requirements. we work with our clients and the venture capital firm to ensure all investments are protected and returned after the mandatory 4 year period.
Find out more
Complete our enquiry form and one of our senior Australian retirement migration managers will be happy to provide personal advice on your options and send you our 2018 brochure on retiring to Australia via email.
More information about retiring in Australia
The easiest and fast way to learn more about emigrating to Australia for your retirement from the experts is to complete our assessment form. That said if you are not ready to ask for help you can see some of the more common questions asked below. We hope you find what you are looking for.
We are ready to discuss your options further when you need us
With our retirement visa - you can purchase your perfect home on arrival
As a permanent resident of Australia on arrival, you will be free to buy any property you wish free from the foreign investment prohibitions currently enforced by the FIRB.
purchasing a property can often act as a useful economical entry point for people who are looking to retire in Australia as opposed to being forced to rent due to foreign investment restrictions imposed on those who only hold temporary residence.
Healthcare is important
Life expectancy in Australia is higher than in many countries and the health and social care facilities on offer are of an excellent standard. However, retirees should always remember that while they will be entitled to any government or medical benefits during their retirement in Australia this can be limited.
Therefore, they may wish to secure their own fully-comprehensive insurance policy. We partner with leading Australian medical insurance providers to provide such medical cover as required.
Australia has one of the worlds most socially and politically relaxed climates
Australia is ranked second in the world for political stability in the IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook 2017.
Australia maintains a low crime rate and is one of the safest countries on earth. However, as with most destinations, retirees should take precautions as they would at home.
Homes and cars should be kept secured when unoccupied.
Australia has a highly developed and sophisticated infrastructure and the standard of communications, transportation and public services on offer are on par or better than those available in most other developed nations including the UK.
Australia maintains one of the highest standards of living in the world
Australia has some of the least expensive cities in the world in which to live. As with anywhere, there is a variation in the cost of living from city to city. The cities which frequently appear as offering a low cost of living compared to the quality of life are Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne. Australia has now won the most popular destination for retirees for the third year in a row.
Australia really does have it all, when it comes to cost of living versus lifestyle. A retiree can expect exceptional "bang for buck" and no inheritance tax only enhances those benefits.
Practical Considerations When Emigrating to Australia
Make sure you fully understand what your financial situation is before you begin your emigration case to retire in Australia. You need to address what to do with your pension, what your tax liability is and whether you are entitled to any benefits. Here’s how…
- Acquire an estimate of your state pension so that you can work out how much you will have to live on each month.
- Ask HM Revenue and Customs for information on your tax liability on any income over your UK personal allowance. Be mindful of the fact that UK tax payable from abroad can vary quite significantly from country to country.
- Seek independent tax advice about the benefits of offshore banking – it could make a big difference to your savings.
Other things to take care of…Your “to-do” list might seem uncontrollably long, but here are another couple of things that need to be dealt with that might have slipped your mind:
- If you decide to split your time between Australia and the UK, work out how best to secure it if it will be empty for a number of months at a time. Also, remember to inform your mortgage lenders and insurers that you are going to be elsewhere.
- Notify your utility companies of your imminent departure and provide them with a forwarding address so that they can send on any refunds that you could quite possibly be entitled to.
- Contact your local Council Taxation organisation, the Electoral Register, your banks and building societies and make sure all mail will be forwarded to your new address.
Finally, when moving to Australia use a currency exchange specialist rather than a bank to transfer your money could save you thousands. We work closely with our partners to ensure our clients receive the most favourable exchange rates available.
Our Retirement Services
Complete our enquiry form and we will be delighted to discuss your elegibility for retirement to Australia.
Our range of sevices enables us to provide a complete migration solution.
Our comprehensive Support Services includes:
- Preparing your required investment
- Securing your permanent residency
- Real Estate
- UK Tax Rebate
- Pet Relocation
- Investment Planning
- Moving Pensions Offshore
- Concierge service on your arrival in Australia
- Preparing International Wills for Inheritance Tax planning
Watch a video on Retirement in Australia
Emigrating for Retirement to Australia
Name: Australia is the perfect retirement destination
Description: In exchange for an investment of $1.25m for four years in an approved fund.
Australia provides a fantastic place to retire.
Key benefits includes:
- No death duties
- Secure investments
- Safe destination
- Warm climate
- Health Care
- Residency in 9 months
Australia is in the process of firming up their borders and may increase the minimum investment required over the coming months.
Complete tailored solutions available.