Retiring to Australia
"Solutions Designed Just For You"
More than ten thousand people applied to retire in Australia during 2019 alone. Since Australia abolished the "405" retirement visa, we have developed an alternative solution for retirees:
Emigrating to Australia over 45 years old
All those over 45 are no longer eligible for skilled worker visas. Once you reach 50 years old, even more visas become unattainable. However, there is still an opportunity to emigrate for all those over 45 years, with no upper age limit.
By becoming a shareholder in a compliant business, you may become eligible for Permanent Residency in Australia.
Migration Investment programmes for Australia are the fastest growing area of immigration law as people come to realise Australian residency by investment is not just a desirable way to emigrate but, a vital part of many effective Australian immigration cases.
As members of the Migration Investment Council, we are well placed to assist in your Residency by Investment case.
We assist our clients in locating the perfect business to meet their emigration requirements and manage the entire process.
Cases are currently completed within 12-24 months. However, you can emigrate in just a few months if you're in a hurry!
Our most popular permanent "retirement" visa:
Allowing our clients to retire with easy - by providing permanent residency on arrival.
- No upper age limit
- Your partner and children (under 23 yrs) also secure PR
- You must hold shares in a compliant business
- entry price for the scheme is $595,000
- Permanent residency on arrival
- Freedom to retire, work or open a business
- Freedom to purchase land or property
- Tax effective laws
- Access to Medicare
- Access to free education
Please Note: Places are limited. The Australian Govt. is in a consultation process currently. In our experience, this usually leads to further restrictions & increased costs. That said, there is still time to secure your Permanent residency on arrival for $595k.
Benefits of investing for retirement in Australia
- No inheritance tax
- AAA Rated Economy
- Tax effective laws
- Dual citizenship permitted
- Access to Medicare
- Access to all other social services
- Fast, easy process Completed in 12 to 24 months
Complete our enquiry form to receive your guide and to arrange a consultation with one of our senior migration consultants.
More information about retiring in Australia
If you are not ready to complete our free assessment, you can see some of the more common questions answered below. We hope you find what you are looking for on our site.
With our retirement visa - you can purchase your perfect home on arrival
As a permanent resident of Australia on arrival, you will be free to buy any property you wish free from the foreign investment prohibitions currently enforced by the FIRB.
purchasing a property can often act as a useful economical entry point for people who are looking to retire in Australia as opposed to being forced to rent due to foreign investment restrictions imposed on those who only hold temporary residence.
Healthcare is important
Life expectancy in Australia is higher than in many countries and the health and social care facilities on offer are of an excellent standard. However, retirees should always remember that while they will be entitled to any government or medical benefits during their retirement in Australia this can be limited.
Therefore, they may wish to secure their own fully-comprehensive insurance policy. We partner with leading Australian medical insurance providers to provide such medical cover as required.
Australia has one of the worlds most socially and politically relaxed climates
Australia is ranked second in the world for political stability in the IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook 2017.
Australia maintains a low crime rate and is one of the safest countries on earth. However, as with most destinations, retirees should take precautions as they would at home.
Homes and cars should be kept secured when unoccupied.
Australia has a highly developed and sophisticated infrastructure and the standard of communications, transportation and public services on offer are on par or better than those available in most other developed nations including the UK.
Australia maintains one of the highest standards of living in the world
Australia has some of the least expensive cities in the world in which to live. As with anywhere, there is a variation in the cost of living from city to city. The cities which frequently appear as offering a low cost of living compared to the quality of life are Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne. Australia has now won the most popular destination for retirees for the third year in a row.
Australia really does have it all, when it comes to cost of living versus lifestyle. A retiree can expect exceptional "bang for buck" and no inheritance tax only enhances those benefits.
Practical Considerations When Emigrating to Australia
Make sure you fully understand what your financial situation is before you begin your emigration case to retire in Australia. You need to address what to do with your pension, what your tax liability is and whether you are entitled to any benefits. Here’s how…
- Acquire an estimate of your state pension so that you can work out how much you will have to live on each month.
- Ask HM Revenue and Customs for information on your tax liability on any income over your UK personal allowance. Be mindful of the fact that UK tax payable from abroad can vary quite significantly from country to country.
- Seek independent tax advice about the benefits of offshore banking – it could make a big difference to your savings.
Other things to take care of…Your “to-do” list might seem uncontrollably long, but here are another couple of things that need to be dealt with that might have slipped your mind:
- If you decide to split your time between Australia and the UK, work out how best to secure it if it will be empty for a number of months at a time. Also, remember to inform your mortgage lenders and insurers that you are going to be elsewhere.
- Notify your utility companies of your imminent departure and provide them with a forwarding address so that they can send on any refunds that you could quite possibly be entitled to.
- Contact your local Council Taxation organisation, the Electoral Register, your banks and building societies and make sure all mail will be forwarded to your new address.
Finally, when moving to Australia use a currency exchange specialist rather than a bank to transfer your money could save you thousands. We work closely with our partners to ensure our clients receive the most favourable exchange rates available.
Our Retirement Services
Complete our enquiry form and we will be delighted to discuss your elegibility for retirement to Australia.
Our range of sevices enables us to provide a complete migration solution.
Our comprehensive Support Services includes:
- Guidance on the various opportunities
- Securing your permanent residency
- Real Estate
- UK Tax Rebate
- Pet Relocation
- Investment Planning
- Moving Pensions Offshore
- Concierge service on your arrival in Australia
- Preparing International Wills for Inheritance Tax planning
Watch a video on Retirement in Australia
Bespoke relocations Services
Our client benefit from exceptional relocation support. From helping finding their perfect home to enrolling their children in the very best schools.
We have relocation experts in every major state and city on hand to meet our clients on arrival.
Our aim is to arrange everything our clients may require to relocate and settle into their perfect new home quickly.
Complete our assessment form to receive our relocation guide today.
Australian Retirement Guide
Name: Claim your guide today
Description: Our Australian Retirement brochure 2018 has helpful information to assist you to decide if retiring to Australia is right for you.
Complete our Australian Immigration assessment to secure your copy today.