Exploring Australia's 489 Visas
Nominated or Sponsored (provisional) (Sub-Class 489) Visa is a temporary entry permission that is available on an endorsement of your candidature either by a provincial/state authority or by a qualified relative defined and deemed as eligible for sponsorship.
a 489 visa provides the holder with an additional 10 points in their skilled migration application, which can often be the difference between success and failure. The downside is that the visa is approved initially for 2 years during which time the person must live within the nominating state.
This is not an issue for most people as everywhere in Australia is great. Various states have different qualifying criteria and demand for each profession and will select candidates based on their local requirements.
This is a popular visa because it adds weight to a case and allows people to bolster their likelihood of emigrating within a limited timeframe.
Complete your free assessment
To discover which states are currently providing 489 visas and if you are eligible. Complete our assessment form and we will quickly provide solutions that best match your requirements.
Salient features of this visa subsection include:
- You will be able to live in Australia temporarily and Study if you wish
- You can also travel in and out of the country within the validity period of visa
- Include some family members in the application for a visa.
- Able to file for permanent residence in Australia via Skilled Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887) after fulfilling required parameters.
- The validity of the visa is for 4 years. Non-compliance with visa guidelines may result in cancellation of the visa.
May make your candidature ineligible for further issuance of a similar visa or permanent residence There are certain prerequisites that you must satisfy before filing for a visa under this section.
You must be:
- Under 45 years
- Have minimum English skills
- Be sponsored by a state or a territory or a qualified relative residing in a specified region of Australia
- Be working in a listed shortage occupation for the state
- Be able to score a minimum of 55 points in points based assessment as the state will provide a further 10 points. This gives you the 65 points required.
- Reside and work in the region sponsoring your visa or specified area for a minimum of 2 years
If you are looking to be sponsored by your family they must live in a designated area. We will provide further details on each designated region.
Name: 489 visas to emigrate
Description: The 489 visas are a great way to emigrate to Australia as a skilled worker if you can only achieve 55 points in your skills assessment.
a 489 visa holder will be required to live and work in the state that nominated them for the first 2 years in Australia.
That is not usually an issue as everywhere in Australia offers a fantastic way of life.
There are limited number s of the 489 visas approved within each state every years.
That said, it remains an excellent first choice for many people who want to make Australia home.
Tailored solutions available to to meet all your requirements and those of your family.