Why Study in the USA?
Start with the fact that eight of the top 10 universities in the world (and most of the top 20) are in the United States.
The US remains at the top of the heap, and well clear of even its closest rivals -- the UK scored two in the top 10. When it comes to world-class universities, and a preparatory educational system to match it, the US education remains the envy of the world.
Students in the US enjoy unrivalled educational opportunity, and along with it, exposure to the cutting edge in science and technology.
With that exposure comes the opportunity to work with some of the world’s leading firms, which in turn offers the opportunity for long-term residency, should you choose to pursue it.
We have a wealth of knowledge about US universities and the application and visa process, and as agents for US and Canadian colleges, we can secure your place on the right course to meet your academic needs, budget and long-term career goals.
- Requirements vary, but students typically must attend 12 “semester hours” per term – usually the equivalent of 12 classroom hours weekly – during term times;
- You may work part-time for your university, and may obtain permission to accept work in the wider community.
- Partners are allowed to travel but not allowed to work on a student visa.
- You may continue to stay and work in the US after obtaining your degree, typically for up to 12 months, and in some cases up to 17 months.
Being selected as a Student
Haskew Law are official agents of colleges in America, and we work with our partners to ensure our clients are awarded access to the right course for their career goals and visa requirements.
To complete the enrollment process we shall require the following documents:
- High school (secondary school) transcript
- High school (secondary school) diploma
- Post-Secondary (college or university) transcript – if applicable
- Post-secondary (college or university) degree – if applicable
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (if required)
- Application fees (variable costs, non-refundable)
Securing Your US Student Visa
Haskew Law's expertise in US emigration law makes us well-placed to assist our clients with all elements of the student visa process, from enrolling in courses, to securing their US study and work permits.
We ensure our clients arrive in America feeling relaxed and ready to start a new chapter of their lives in America.
US Student Visas
Name: Studying in the US
Description: Few experiences can match a US university education, or the prestige and opportunity it can provide. That can include the opportunity to secure US residency in due course. But its a big place. Knowing where to go and how to get there can be daunting, and having a helping hand throughout can nake a huge difference!