Emigrate To Australia As A Nurse
SECURING YOUR VISA
We always aim to secure a permanent residency visa for Australia as our first choice for our clients. This removes any risks associated with attaching a visa to a specific employer. Our approach is designed to provide you as our client with long-term security in Australia.
Complete our Free assessment and our experts will let you know if you are eligible to emigrate.
Government Report On Job Prospects
Government data on Job Outlook are updated on a yearly basis and are compiled from national statistics which may not reflect either regional variations or more recent changes in employment conditions. Recent reports show strong growth in this profession along with high average salaries. It is important to note the average salaries could be easily doubled for people with three or more years experience and qualified with a positive skills assessment.
- Over the five years to November 2019, the number of job openings for Registered Nurses is expected to be high (greater than 50,000). Job openings count both employment growth and turnover (defined as workers leaving their occupation for other employment or leaving the workforce).
- Employment for this occupation rose very strongly (in percentage terms) in the past five years and rose strongly in the long-term (ten years). Looking forward, employment for Registered Nurses to November 2020 is expected to grow very strongly.
- This is a very large occupation (257,400 in November 2015) suggesting that opportunities should be available in most regions.
- Registered Nurses have a relatively low proportion of full-time jobs (53.8 percent). For Registered Nurses working full-time, average weekly hours are 34.6 (compared to 40.2 for all occupations) and earnings are above average - in the seventh decile. Unemployment for Registered Nurses is below average.
- The most common level of educational attainment for Registered Nurses is Bachelor degree (53.4 percent).
- Registered Nurses are mainly employed in: Health Care and Social Assistance; Public Administration and Safety; and Administrative and Support Services.
This table shows how this occupation compares with other occupations on 9 key measures: employment size; full-time share of employment; earnings; unemployment; employment growth over the past 2, 5 and 10 years; future growth (projected growth rate over 5 years); and future job openings (estimated number of vacancies due to employment growth and turnover). The Future Growth indicator is based on growth in percentage terms, while the Future Job Openings indicator is based on an estimated number of vacancies.
A small occupation with a strong Future Growth score may have a weak Job Openings score, while a large occupation with a weak Future Growth score may have a strong Job Openings score, as even a small percentage change can result in a relatively large number of new jobs.
|How many workers are employed in this occupation?||257,400||10|
|How many work full-time (% share)?||53.8||2|
|What are the weekly earnings for full-time workers ($ before tax)?||1344||7|
|How does unemployment compare with other occupations?||below average||2|
|What has been the long-term employment growth - 10 years (%)?||48.6||8|
|What has been the medium-term employment growth - 5 years (%)?||23.1||9|
|What has been the short-term employment growth - 2 years (%)?||8.9||7|
|What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?||very strong growth||9|
|What will be the level of future job openings?||high||10|
ACMAC Regulating Nurses Emigrating To Australia
Registration is required and these task evidenced in your experience.
- assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care for patients according to accepted nursing practice and standards
- working in consultation with other Health Professionals and members of health teams, and coordinating the care of patients
- providing interventions, treatments and therapies such as medications, and monitoring responses to treatment and care plan
- promoting health and assisting in preventing ill health by participating in health education and other health promotion activities
- answering questions and providing information to patients and families about treatment and care
- supervising and coordinating the work of Enrolled Nurses and other health care workers
Various Nurse Occupations:
Nurse - Aged Care
- Nurse (Gerontology)
- Nurse - Child And Family Health
- Plunket Nurse
- Nurse - Community Health
- Nurse (Health Education and Promotion)
- Nurse (Public Health)
- Nurse (School Nurse)
- Nurse - Critical Care And Emergency
- Nurse (Acute Care)
- Nurse (Emergency/Trauma)
- Nurse (High Dependency)
- Nurse (Neonatal Intensive Care)
- Nurse (Paediatric Intensive Care)
- Nurse - Developmental Disability
- Mental Retardation Nurse -Provides nursing care to people with intellectual and development disabilities in a range of health, welfare and community settings.
- Nurse - Disability And Rehabilitation - Provides nursing care to patients recovering from injury and illness, and assists and facilitates patients with disabilities to live more independently.
- Nurse (Rehabilitation)
- Nurse - Medical
Nurse - Medical Practice
- Practice Nurse Primary Health Care Nurse
Nurse - Mental Health
- Psychiatric Nurse
- Psychopaedic Nurse
- Nurse (Child and Adolescence Mental Health)
- Nurse (Drug and Alcohol)
- Nurse (Psychiatric Rehabilitation)
- Nurse (Psychogeriatric Care)
Nurse - Perioperative
- Operating Room Nurse
- Nurse (Anaesthetic)
- Nurse (Operating Room)
- Nurse (Recovery)
Nurse - Surgical
Nurse - Paediatrics
Registered Nurses Not Shown Elsewhere
- Flight Nurse
- Nursing Officer (Defence Forces)
- Nurse (Infection Control)
- Nurse (Remote or Rural Area)
Australian Visas Available:
What are the Skilled Worker Visa basic requirements?
- Be under 50 years of age
- Demonstrate competence in the English language
- Possess skills and qualifications that address the needs of the Australian labour market
- Meet the skills assessment test
What is the difference between the two Skilled Worker Visas?
What do Skilled Work Visas allow me to do?
- Reside permanently in Australia and engage work opportunities
- Receive healthcare
- Study at a school, vocational education programs, or university
- Become eligible for Australian Citizenship in time
We can assist at every stage of your journey:
We assist you with the Australian visa and immigration application;
Our team has access to extensive resources to help you find your ideal job in Australia;
We Love Emigration Law As It Allows People To Live The Life They Always Wanted Without Limitations
Make Your Dreams Come True
- Approved lawyers and MARA Agents
- 99% Success Rate
- 94% would refer a friend or family
- Expert knowledge of the Immigration Depts.
Dedicated to providing the highest standards of service and great results all at the most competitive prices.