Australian Student Visas
Australia Immigration welcomes international students and is a great way to start your new life in Australia. Many people each year go to Australia as a student never to return. Australia allows students to work while they study and then go on to secure a work visa after their course is complete to enter the workforce and contribute to the economy.
How To Enrol As A Student In Australia
We are official agents for colleges in Australia which mean's we can enrol our clients on courses and guide them to secure a place in one of the top colleges in Australia. We work with our clients to find the best possible course to match their immigration and educational needs. We assess a client's academic background overseas to ensure we secure a place on the course that is right for them.
A person must be enrolled on an approved course.
Have the funds to cover their living costs while a student, approximately $19,000 for the first year.
The student visa is a 500 Visa.
Permission To Work
A student can work 40 hours per fortnight during term time, once the course has started.
Full time during college breaks.
Partners and family over 18 years old can work 40 hours per fortnight
Once a student graduates from their course they are free to apply for a temporary graduate visa which allows them to live and work in Australia and secure employment for up to 18 months. After that time they may go on to secure sponsorship from an employer or qualify to emigrate under a 189 or 190 visa.
A student will be required to hold adequate medical insurance for their time in Australia for themselves and their family.
Colleges And Courses
Australia is a diverse country and we work with colleges from Western Australia across to Queensland providing vocational training in trades to post-graduate studies in business and medicine. Whatever a client's profession or preferred career we aim to find the right course and secure the necessary visa to enjoy Australia.
Key Points About Australia Student Visas Statistics
- Student visa lodgements have been increasing since 2011-12. In the 2015-16 programme year. lodgements increased by 7.8 percent compared with the 2014-15 programme year.
- In the same period, visa lodgements by applicants outside Australia increased by 9.5 percent and by applicants in Australia by 4.7 percent.
- In the 2015-16 programme year student, visa grants to applicants outside Australia increased by 8.9 percent compared with the 2014-15 programme year. This growth was mainly the result of an increase in visa grants to applicants outside Australia to nationals of China (14.6 percent), India (8.9 percent) and Brazil (14.7 percent).
- Student visa grant rates remain high at 90.5 percent in the 2015-16 programme year.
- On 30 June 2016, there were 401,423 student visa holders in Australia. Over one-third of student visa holders in Australia at 30 June 2016 were from China (22.7 percent) and India (13.4 percent).
- As expected, lodgements for the Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa increased when compared to the previous programme year as a greater number of student visa holders in Australia become eligible to apply for the Post-Study Workstream.
Study in Australia
Name: Become an international student
Description: While Australia has a world class educational system it is not cheap and nor do they offer the rewards of graduation that countries like Canada are willing to offer. The cost is also prohibitive with the restrictions on working while a student. When everything is taken into account Australia is not the best destination for students. It is also difficult to secure a visa as Australia accept their shortcomings, so assume a person applying to study from the UK must be trying to use their study visa for ulterior motives.