Terms and conditions of use
- Agreement to Terms.
This Site is owned and operated by UK registered firm Haskew Law Ltd. trading as Haskew Law. The contents of this Web site are © Haskew Law as indicated. All rights reserved. Any use of any of the materials on this Site other than for private, non-commercial viewing purposes is strictly prohibited. The sale, auction, lease, loan, gift, trade or barter, or use of any of the text, graphics, photographs, audio and/or video material or stills from audiovisual material or any other materials contained herein, for any other purpose, in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed, including the use of any of the aforementioned materials on any other Web site or networked computer environment, without a prior written consent from Haskew Law, is expressly prohibited. The creation of derivative works based on the materials contained herein including, but not limited to, products, services, fonts, icons, link buttons, wallpaper, desktop themes, on-line postcards and greeting cards and unlicensed merchandise (whether sold, bartered or given away) is expressly prohibited. You may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of Haskew Law copyright and other proprietary rights.
This Site includes links to other Internet sites solely as a convenience to users. Haskew Law does not endorse any such linked sites or the information, material, products or services contained on other linked sites or accessible through other linked sites. Furthermore, Haskew Law makes no express or implied warranties with regard to the information, material, products or services that are contained on or accessible through linked sites. Access and use of linked sites, including information, material, products and services on linked sites or available through linked sites is solely at the user's own risk.
- Forums and Blogs.
a. You are welcome to post, transmit or submit messages (collectively "Messages") to bulletin boards, chat rooms or other public areas within, or in connection with, this Site (collectively "Forums"). Haskew Law accepts no responsibility whatsoever in connection with or arising from such Messages. Haskew Law does not endorse and has no control over the content of Messages submitted by others to Forums. Messages submitted to Forums are not necessarily reviewed by Haskew Law prior to posting and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of Haskew Law. Haskew Law makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the content of the Messages in the Forums or the accuracy and reliability of any Messages and other materials in the Forums. Nonetheless, Haskew Law reserves the right to prevent you from submitting materials to Forums and to edit, restrict or remove such Messages for any reason at any time.
- Haskew Law assumes no responsibility for actively monitoring Forums for inappropriate Messages. If at any time Haskew Law chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Forums, Haskew Law nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the content of the Messages, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Messages, and no responsibility for the conduct of the user submitting any Message. In submitting Messages to Forums, you agree to strictly limit yourself to discussions about the subject matter for which the Forums are intended. You agree that Haskew Law accepts no liability whatsoever if it determines to prevent your Messages from being submitted or if it edits, restricts or removes your Messages. You also agree to permit any other user of this Site to access, view, store or reproduce the material for that other user's personal use and not to restrict or inhibit the use of the Site by any other person.
- Children under the age of 13 are not authorised to post messages or participate in Forums on this Site.
- You agree that any Message whatsoever submitted by you becomes the property of Haskew Law and may be used, copied, sublicensed, adapted, transmitted, distributed, publicly performed and published, displayed or deleted as Haskew Law sees fit.
- Use of HaskewLaw.com and Communications.
- infringe Haskew Law or any third party's copyright, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy (and by submitting Messages to Forums, you represent to Haskew Law that you are the rightful owner of such material or that you have first obtained permission to submit the material from the rightful owner);
- constitute (or encourages conduct that would constitute) a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any local, state, national or international law or may create liability for Haskew Law or cause Haskew Law to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our ISPs or other suppliers;
- transmit content Haskew Law considers in its sole discretion to be disruptive, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- impersonate or claim the identity, characteristics or qualifications of any other person or entity; or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity or are false, inaccurate or misleading;
- unless specifically authorized by Haskew Law, are for commercial purposes or contain advertising or are intended to solicit a person to buy or sell services or to make donations, including "spam" or any other form of solicitation or promotion, or link to, directly or indirectly, any sites that violate the restrictions set forth in this Section 6;
- contain any virus or other harmful component or otherwise disrupt the normal flow of communication in or operation of the Forums in any way; or
- are libellous, or an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or any other third party rights.
- Disclaimer of Warranties.
THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, HASKEW LAW DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. HASKEW LAW DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. HASKEW LAW DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. YOU (AND NOT HASKEW LAW) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Limitation of Liability.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL HASKEW LAW BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE MATERIALS ON THIS SITE, EVEN IF HASKEW LAW OR A HASKEW LAW AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS ADVISED YOU OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL HASKEW LAW'S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THIS SITE).
Unless otherwise specified, the materials in the Site are presented solely for the purpose of promoting Haskew Law and affiliates. Haskew Law is controlled and operated from its English offices in Farnham, Surrey. Haskew Law makes no representation that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in any particular location. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. Software from this site is further subject to United States export controls. No software from this site may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country to which the U.S., U.K. or E.U. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders or similar lists operated by U.K. and / or E.U. governments. By downloading or using any software from this site, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.