UK Tier Visa
The UK Tier Visa system is a points-based visa category system. Applicants must score a minimum number of points on an assessment test to be eligible for a visa. The test takes into consideration such factors as age, fluency in the English language, and other factors dependent on the specific Tier under which you apply. Travelling to live in the UK under a Tier category often makes you eligible for UK settlement or even UK citizenship.
Even though the UK is a difficult country to enter if you are an employer looking to hire foreign workers or would like to come to the UK for work, be with family or to study the tiered visa system is designed to make this possible.
Contact us to find out how easily and quickly we can resolve your immigration issues and secure the right visa for you.
Select the appropriate category below to learn more about each Tier.
- Tier 1, High-Value Migrants
- Tier 2, Skilled Workers
- Tier 3, Unskilled Workers
- Tier 4, Adult Students
- Tier 5, Temporary Workers
UK, Tier 1
The UK Tier 1 category is for high-value migrants. The UK Tier 1 category currently holds the following visa sub-categories:
- Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)
- Persons internationally recognised in the sciences or arts.
- Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)
- Persons who wish to set up, take over, or being involved in running a business or businesses in the UK.
- Tier 1 (Investor)
- Persons who want to make a significant financial investment in the UK.
- Tier 1 (General)
- For highly skilled workers, this category is now currently closed to persons outside of the UK and most persons inside the UK.
- Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur)
- Non-Europeans who graduated from higher education institutions in the UK and who have been recognised for innovative or entrepreneurial skills.
UK, Tier 2
The UK Tier 2 category is for skilled workers. The UK Tier 2 category holds the following visa sub-categories:
- Tier 2 (General)
- Persons who have been offered a skilled job in a position that cannot be filled by a UK settled person.
- Tier 2 (Minister of Religion)
- Persons such as ministers, priests or missionaries who have been offered a position in a faith-based community within the UK.
- Tier 2 (Sportsperson)
- Elite athletes and coaches who are internationally recognised at the highest level of competition.
- Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer)
- Employees of multi-national companies who are transferred to a UK branch of their organisation.
UK, Tier 3
The UK Tier 3 category is currently suspended. It was originally used for low-skilled workers during temporary labour shortages.
UK, Tier 4
The UK Tier 4 category is for adult students aged 16 or over. You may study at or above the National Qualification Framework level 3 under this category. University and college study programs are included under Tier 4.
UK, Tier 5
The UK Tier 5 category is for temporary workers. The UK Tier 5 category holds the following visa sub-categories:
- Tier 5 (Creative and Sporting)
- For entertainers, athletes, or creative artists.
- Tier 5 (Charity Workers)
- For people coming to the UK to participate in voluntary charity work.
- Tier 5 (Religious Workers)
- For people coming to the UK to work as a part of a faith-based community do such work as preaching, ministry, or pastoral work.
- Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
- For people coming to the UK under a government approved program that aims to promote the sharing of knowledge, experience and best practice.
- Tier 5 (International Agreement)
- For people coming to the UK under contract to do work that is covered under international law such as the GATS agreement.
- Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme)
- For young people from a participating country who wish to experience life in the UK.